To buy large-scale generation certificates (LGCs):
1. Find a seller who has the quantities of LGCs you need.
2. Negotiate quantity, price and payment method with your seller.
3. Organise payment to the seller.
4. The seller will transfer the negotiated quantity of LGCs to your nominated REC Registry account.
5. To accept the transfer, log in to the REC Registry with your username and password.
6. Click on the 'Certificates and transfer' menu heading, then 'Certificate transfer'. The Certificate transfers page will display:
Screenshot of the certificate transfers page in the REC Registry.
7. To accept the incoming transfer, click the checkbox for the incoming transfer you would like to accept and then click the 'Accept selected transfer(s)' button.
8. Click the 'Accept' button to confirm acceptance of the transfer offer:
Screenshot of the accept incoming transfers page in the REC Registry.
9. You will be redirected back to the certificate transfers landing page and a confirmation message will display at the top of the page.
About The Clean Energy Regulator
Carbon Farming Initiative
Carbon Pricing Mechanism
National Greenhouse And Energy Reporting
Renewable Energy Target
Emissions Reduction Fund
Our Systems And Their Resources
Clean Energy Markets
Data and information
Subscribe to email updates
The Clean Energy Regulator is a Government body responsible for accelerating carbon abatement for Australia.
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on LinkedIn