Recognised Offsets Entity Application Guide for Corporation Sole

This guide contains information on the:

What forms do I complete?

  • Application to open an ANREU account and/or become a recognised offsets entity – Non-Individuals.
  • Australian Federal Police national police check form - individual. You will need to submit one form for each nominated authorised representative.

To download these forms, see ANREU forms - Applying as a non-individual.

Should I nominate a representative to act on my behalf?

Applicants seeking to become an ROE may elect to authorise other individuals or entities to act on their behalf.

If you have elected to open a Registry account you must nominate an individual as the authorised representative for the operation of the Registry account. Your nominated authorised representative will need to complete Part D of the application form, the Australian Federal Police National Police Check Application form and provide Proof of Identity as per the documents outlined in Category A and B below.

For CFI matters you can nominate an individual or a company as the authorised representative. If the nominated representative is an individual you will need to complete Part E of the application form. If it is a company, you will need to supply a list of signatories authorised by the company and signed by a director of the company.

To download these forms, see ANREU forms - Adding, removing or varying authorised representatives.

What documents do I need to provide?

Corporate Sole applicants will need to provide ALL of the following supporting documents with your completed application form:

  • Evidence of incorporation, and
  • Documentary evidence of the person that is the individual constituting a corporation sole.

The list below is a guide to the documents the Clean Energy Regulator will accept for individuals who are ordinarily Australian residents. Three documents from the following list are required, with at least one from Category A.

In addition, if proof of name change is required, attach one document showing the change of name, such as a marriage certificate, deed poll or change of name certificate. For further information on the documents required, refer to the application form.

Category A

Australian full birth certificate. (A birth certificate extract is not acceptable.)

Current Australian passport.

Australian citizenship certificate or extract from Register of Citizenship by descent.

Current overseas passport with evidence of Australian immigration status.

Category B

Current Australian driver's licence or Australian learner's permit with photo and signature. Any address on the driver's licence must match the details provided on the application form.

Current Medicare card.

A notice that was issued to you by a local government body or utilities provider within the preceding three months, that:

  • contains your name and residential address, and
  • records the provision of services by the local government body or utilities provider to your address or to you.

Current Australian firearm licence with signature and/or photo matching the details provided on the application form.

Current student identification card (tertiary or secondary) with photo issued from an Australian Government accredited education authority.

How do I have my documents certified?

The application form has a list of people who are authorised to certify your original documents.

The person who is authorised to certify your documents is stating in their opinion that the document is a true copy. For a document to be certified, the authorised signatory must view the original and the copy, and at that time write the following on each certified copy:

I certify that this document is a true copy of the original document sighted by me.

Qualification (eg Medical Practitioner)
State/Territory in which qualification conferred

Multiple page documents

Where the original is a multiple page document, each page must be checked against the copy to ensure that it is correct. The person authorised to certify your documents must sign or initial each page, number each page of the copy as 'page 1 of 40', 'page 2 of 40', and so on and certify the last page as follows:

I certify that this [number of pages] page document, each page of which I have numbered and signed/initialed, is a true copy of the original document sighted by me.

Qualification (eg Medical Practitioner)
State/Territory in which qualification conferred

Who can certify a document?

  • a bank, building society or credit union officer with 5 or more continuous years service
  • a commissioner for declarations
  • a judge of a court
  • a justice of the peace
  • a legal practitioner
  • a medical practitioner
  • a minister of religion registered under Subdivision A of Division 1 of Part IV of the Marriage Act 1961
  • a police officer, or
  • a sheriff or a sheriff's officer

Download forms

For the full list of forms relevant to the Carbon Farming Initiative, see forms and calculators.

Contact us

Before you apply, we encourage you to contact us.

Phone: 1300 553 542 within Australia

Top of page

Was this page useful?