Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In

Small-scale systems

Small-scale systems

The Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme creates a financial incentive for owners to install eligible small-scale systems which include small generation units (solar panels, wind and hydro systems) and solar water heaters (solar water heaters and air source heat pumps).

Small-scale installations

In 2014 a total of 227 807 small-scale systems were installed under the Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme.

Of these, 174 356 were small generation units and 53 451 were solar water heaters.

Approximately 4 454 solar water heaters and 14 530 small generation units were installed each month, compared to approximately 4 858 and 16 701 respectively per month in 2013.

more than 2.2 million small-scale installations

As at 31 December 2014, the total number of small-scale installations were 2 268 398. These small-scale systems have the capacity to generate or displace around 7.6 million megawatt hours of renewable electricity each year.

Solar panels make up 99.99 per cent of the small generation unit installations, with wind and hydro comprising the remaining 0.01 per cent.

Graph 14 represents the number of solar panel installations by state. The greatest number of solar panel installations in 2014 was in Queensland (32 per cent) followed by Victoria (22 per cent) and New South Wales (20 per cent).

Graph 14: Solar panel installations by state, 2011–2014

Solar panel installations by state, 2011–2014. 

Documents on this page Documents on this page

Was this page useful?

LEAVE FEEDBACK
preload-image-only preload-image-only preload-image-only preload-image-only preload-image-only preload-image-only preload-image-only preload-image-only preload-image-only